Learning resources for tourism marketing newbies
What are some good, reliable resources on digital marketing and social media for someone who is relatively new to destination marketing and tourism?
One of our most popular speaking and workshop topics is about how to create more content in less time, with content repurposing.
So, when Cleveland, Ohio group tour expert Denise asked us for some educational resource suggestions for someone who is relatively new to marketing and tourism, we rattled off a few ideas and then thought, “Well, that sounds like a blog post.”
And here it is!
Here are some of our go-to marketing resources:
* Social Media Examiner – general social media updates and trends
* Content Marketing Institute – content marketing
* TopRank Marketing blog – general B2B marketing
* Andy Crestodina and Orbit Media – websites and Google Analytics
* Think With Google – general Google and search engine info/trends, marketing insights
* Jeannie Walters – customer experience, mapping the customer journey
* Skift – travel and tourism industry news and trends, in-depth analysis
* Lucas O’Keefe – success on Instagram
* And, of course, our Tourism Currents blog and newsletter
What did we miss for good learning resources for tourism? Let us know down in the comments…
Not already getting these blog posts via email? Click here for the Tourism Currents newsletter signup page.