(You’re in the right place!)
Every once in a while we like to throw open the doors and have a little party at our place, and since September 9 is the 2nd Anniversary of the day we launched Tourism Currents, this week is a time for celebrating!
We were inspired by Liz Strauss’ world-famous Open Mic and Open Comments nights on her Successful Blog (where Becky and Sheila first met, come to think of it) so here’s a chance to hang out, chat and get smarter about tourism, hospitality, economic development and social media.
The topic is Back to School – tell us what you learned on your summer vacation, bring something to Show and Tell, or ask us and the crowd that one question about something you really need some help with – we want you to leave the chat and connect better online right away with your visitors and customers.
But because it’s a conversation among friends, we’re bound to get off topic….and that’s OK!
Here’s how it works: you add your comments right on this post down below and hit Refresh in your browser to see updates. It’s a conversation held in the Comments section. If you like Twitter chats and #tourismchat, you’ll love this.
More good news: we’re also going to host a free webinar this Thursday, September 8 at 2 pm CST – it’s an Idea Fair of helpful tips and guidance plus an Open House for our online course, so you can go behind the scenes and see for yourself what our multi-part lessons look like and all the great stuff your peers and friends are learning about using social media to tell their stories to the world.
Have you connected with us in your favorite places?
If you arrived here directly from a link, here’s the email signup for this newsletter.
Say hi to Tourism Currents on….
- Our Facebook Page – we love your Likes and comments.
- Our Twitter stream – all day awesome.
- Our Flickr Group Pool – we wanna see your tourism pics!
- Our Delicious bookmarks on tourism – great research tool.
- Our YouTube channel – yay! for video.
Don’t miss these goodies, either:
- Our free Idea Book download.
- The testimonials – nice things that people have said about us and our work.
- ….And the online course in social media for tourism that no one else can beat for quality and affordability.